Daniel Rüdiger Senior Product Manager at Delivery Hero, Alaa Sarhan Fullstack Engineer at Doodle (yes yes! the doodle you send your friends when you are trying to arrange a movie night at your place) and Raz Shuty Director Of Engineering at Delivery Hero are having an episode without Yael and Noa, and trying to figure out, what is product-driven development? What is this new trend called Product-Developers?
We mentioned in this episode
- What is product-driven development?
- The development team is involved in finding the best solutions to solve business problems instead of just implementing them
- Detached from “What” by Product and “How” by Tech
- Value outcome over output
- Opposite: Feature Factory(?)
- What are Product Developers?
- If you Google Product Developer you get mostly non-software development related results
- Why product-driven development?
- Have many (smart) people solve a problem instead of just one/few
- Most people more motivated by being involved in “what” is being built
- Highly specialized people “waste” time on topics they are not expert in
- Overhead of storytelling, getting everybody involved (?)
- Discussable questions
- How to handle a high-output software engineer in a product-driven development team?
- Is product-driven development the evolution of cross-functional teams?
- What’s the role of a product manager in a team of product-driven developers?
- If product-driven development focuses on “product output”: What’s your opinion on trying out new technologies (for the sake of trying out new technologies)?
- Alaa’s blog posts:
Also Available on: